I wasn’t around at the time, but I am sure Ohio politicians did not consider bail outs for other failing technologies. I am sure a lot of ice companies went out of business when refrigerators were invented; what about the kerosene lamp and buggy whip companies. Coal and nuclear power plants …
Apparently I’m too dumb to understand people with smart phones. I have a flip phone with a slide-out keypad. To me that’s a new-fangled gadget, and, yes, the keypad is pretty slick.
I’d like to use this forum to express my gratitude to the Coast Guard, the gentleman running the boat launch at Lakeshore Park, and the man in the kayak that helped bring both of my children (ages 8 and 12) to shore after they drifted too far out in the lake on paddleboards, the morning of S…
Democrat Elizabeth Warren has introduced a bill to excuse billions of dollars worth of college debt for people who owed but never intended to repay if they could avoid it.
For all I know, this could fall on deaf ears. Many of our country’s youth don’t pick up the newspaper anymore to get information. Everything is learned through social media and news is absorbed through online platforms.
This Week's Circulars
ASHTABULA [ndash] Patricia Kangas, 74, passed away Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at the Ashtabula County Nursing Home in Kingsville, Ohio. Services are pending. Potti Funeral Home and Cremation Service, 1329 Lake Avenue, Ashtabula, Ohio is handling arrangements. www.pottifuneralhome.com
LUGOFF [ndash] Francis J. Volk, 87, of Lugoff, husband of the late Joyce E. Volk passed away Thursday, August 22, 2019. He was born on February 12, 1932 in Conneaut, Ohio to the late William Garrett Volk and Virginia Louise Pitt Volk. Francis is survived by, one daughter, Vicki Baker; one so…
LENOX TWP. [ndash] Services for Gaylord Rodgers, who died Thursday, will be Monday, 12:00PM with visitation 10AM-12PM, Jefferson Home of Fleming&Billman Funeral Directors and Crematory, 49 W.Jefferson St., Jefferson. Burial at Lenox Center Cemetery with military honors. fleming-billman.com
- Bail set at $200,000 cash or surety for local businessman accused of raping two teenage girls
- Ashtabula man charged with rape of 17-year-old girl
- Charter captain helps save three in boating incident; Pa. man perishes
- WATCH VIDEO | D-Day Conneaut | Event comes to a close with huge battle on beach
- Flyover yields 68 marijuana plants, no charges to be filed
- 82-year-old Ashtabula man dies after crash with garbage truck
- Several rescued, emergency personnel search for more survivors after boat capsizes on Lake Erie
- D-Day brings estimated 50,000 visitors to Conneaut
- Ex-coach who chased school shooter will seek Ohio House seat
- Kingsville Township fires road superintendent