Hot dog! ; ;The primary election is over! ; ;We heard all the commercials on radio and TV, we saw the ads in the newspaper and we voted. We will be free of "this is honest Joe Jerky and I approve this message" for a while. But a new tool was used by candidates this time that I find extremely offensive -- the computer call at dinner time. I will accept a call from a candidate or candidate representative provided that person is fully prepared to answer my questions. I'm old enough to believe that a telephone is a means to communicate and a computer does not reach that level.
I therefore think that a computer "do not call list" should be instituted as soon as possible before the fall election. If such a list is not possible, I hope a candidate who wants my consideration will avoid insulting me with a computer call.
Robert R. Smeby
This Week's Circulars
KINGSVILLE [emdash] Funeral services for Phyliss Shinault will be Friday (6/18/21) starting at 1:00 at LuLu Falls Cemetery, Kingsville, immediately followed by a reception at Lake Shore Park's Tourist Pavilion (top of hill/State Road entrance). www.fleming-billman.com
CONNEAUT [emdash] Lucille E. Bartone, age 95, died June 15, 2021. Complete obituary will be announced by the Raisian Family Funeral Home, 581 Harbor Street, Conneaut.
ASHTABULA [emdash] Vincent John Collise, 77, passed away unexpectedly, Monday, June 14, 2021 at ACMC. His is survived by wife, Nancy and daughter, Kimberley. No services will be held. Ducro Funeral Services and Crematory is handling arrangements. www.ducro.com
- Missing Conneaut teen found alive
- Crash kills Orwell man in New Lyme Township
- ACMC gives patients a room with a view
- County COVID-19 deaths continue to climb
- Senate budget bill could put lodge under state control
- Grand Jury Indictments
- Conneaut merchants speak out about Route 20 closure
- Sheffey sentenced for Geneva-on-the-Lake stabbing
- Summer food program begins in Ashtabula County
- Hubbard House Underground Railroad Museum plans to reopen weekends come mid-July