ASHTABULA — The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s summer lunch program returns June 15, providing free, federally funded lunches for children.
There’s no cost, no income requirement, no paperwork to fill out and anyone ages 18 and younger may participate at any of the 16 sites.
However, there is one major change to this year’s program because of the coronavirus pandemic — lunch will be take-out only and handed out at each location one day a week. Each child will get five lunches in one bag to eat for the rest of the week.
The Ashtabula County Community Action Agency is sponsoring the program.
“Community Action’s summer food program is extremely important to our community,” said Pam Peck, director of Nutrition Services for Ashtabula Area City Schools. “Families can receive a nutritious meal at no cost and can be assured their child is receiving proper nutrition throughout the summer.”
Meals will provided Monday through Friday at the sites and times as follows through Aug. 7:
• Dream Center, 604 W. 57th St.: 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Tuesdays
• Harbor Ridge, 1917 Lambros Lane: 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Fridays.
• GO Community Development Corporation, 3703 Station Ave.: Noon to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Bardmoor Housing, 6414 Bardmoor Ave.: 1:30-2 p.m. Thursdays.
• Bonniewood Housing, 3208 Glover Drive: 12:45-1:15 p.m. Fridays.
• Woodman Housing, 5717 Woodman Ave.: 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
• YMCA, 263 W. Prospect Road: Noon to 12:30 p.m. Mondays
• Ashtabula County Library, 4335 Park Ave.: 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Mondays
• People’s Missionary Baptist Church, 3837 West Ave.: 12:30-1 p.m. Fridays.
• Educational Service Center, 2630 W. 13th St.: 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Fridays.
• Harbor-Topky Library, 1633 Walnut Boulevard: 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Donahoe Center, 2810 C Court; 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Kingsville Library, 3105 School St.: Noon to 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Village Playground, 11 W. Jefferson St.: 1:15 p.m. -1:45 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Geneva Eagle Street Park, 110 N. Eagle St.: 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Thursdays.
• Geneva Public Library, 860 Sherman St., 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays.