CONNEAUT — For two decades, Township Park has served as a stand-in for the Normandy coast for a host of World War II re-enactments.
CONNEAUT— A Florida-based organization dedicated to the mechanized warfare of World War II plans to bring something unique to D-Day Conneaut this year.
CONNEAUT — A Conneaut couple who live near the beach so important to the annual D-Day Conneaut re-enactment recently spent time visiting the real thing.
CONNEAUT — The Conneaut Public Library has expanded on their usual movie night at D-Day, and will air a second movie, this one, on Friday night.
ASHTABULA TOWNSHIP — John Pildner Sr. saw action in one of the most brutal battles in World War II during the winter of 1945 as Allied troops fought their way through Europe and suffered 100,000 casualties in Belgium and Germany during the Battle of the Bulge.
This Week's Circulars
ST. PAUL [ndash] Joanne Locke-Clemens, 71, passed away July 18, 2020 after a bravely-fought two-year battle with ovarian cancer. Services will be announced by Czup Funeral Home, both online and in the Star Beacon.
ASHTABULA [ndash] Malik McMullen, 24, died July 31, 2020. Funeral services, Saturday, August 8, 2:00PM, Zaback-Williams-Ducro Funeral Home, 500 W. Prospect Rd., Ashtabula, with calling 12NOON until 2PM. Masks required. Complete obituary and contributions at www.ducro.com
- Village administrator former rocker
- Phil Garcia gets 18 years on sex charges
- Ashtabula woman to face charges in Elyria
- Former Ashtabula woman charged in toddler's death Joyceann Ruane held on $2 million bond at arraignment Monday in Gallia County
- Ashtabula man arraigned on murder charges
- Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound with deputy's gun
- County releases open letter to residents
- Lake Shore Park to get $40,000 in new playground equipment
- It's time for mofongo: Puerto Rican restaurant opens in Ashtabula
- County reports 20 new virus cases since Monday