CONNEAUT — For two decades, Township Park has served as a stand-in for the Normandy coast for a host of World War II re-enactments.
CONNEAUT— A Florida-based organization dedicated to the mechanized warfare of World War II plans to bring something unique to D-Day Conneaut this year.
CONNEAUT — A Conneaut couple who live near the beach so important to the annual D-Day Conneaut re-enactment recently spent time visiting the real thing.
CONNEAUT — The Conneaut Public Library has expanded on their usual movie night at D-Day, and will air a second movie, this one, on Friday night.
ASHTABULA TOWNSHIP — John Pildner Sr. saw action in one of the most brutal battles in World War II during the winter of 1945 as Allied troops fought their way through Europe and suffered 100,000 casualties in Belgium and Germany during the Battle of the Bulge.
This Week's Circulars
ASHTABULA [ndash] Patricia Kangas, 74, passed away Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at the Ashtabula County Nursing Home in Kingsville, Ohio. Services are pending. Potti Funeral Home and Cremation Service, 1329 Lake Avenue, Ashtabula, Ohio is handling arrangements. www.pottifuneralhome.com
LUGOFF [ndash] Francis J. Volk, 87, of Lugoff, husband of the late Joyce E. Volk passed away Thursday, August 22, 2019. He was born on February 12, 1932 in Conneaut, Ohio to the late William Garrett Volk and Virginia Louise Pitt Volk. Francis is survived by, one daughter, Vicki Baker; one so…
LENOX TWP. [ndash] Services for Gaylord Rodgers, who died Thursday, will be Monday, 12:00PM with visitation 10AM-12PM, Jefferson Home of Fleming&Billman Funeral Directors and Crematory, 49 W.Jefferson St., Jefferson. Burial at Lenox Center Cemetery with military honors. fleming-billman.com
- Bail set at $200,000 cash or surety for local businessman accused of raping two teenage girls
- Ashtabula man charged with rape of 17-year-old girl
- Charter captain helps save three in boating incident; Pa. man perishes
- WATCH VIDEO | D-Day Conneaut | Event comes to a close with huge battle on beach
- Flyover yields 68 marijuana plants, no charges to be filed
- 82-year-old Ashtabula man dies after crash with garbage truck
- Several rescued, emergency personnel search for more survivors after boat capsizes on Lake Erie
- D-Day brings estimated 50,000 visitors to Conneaut
- Ex-coach who chased school shooter will seek Ohio House seat
- Kingsville Township fires road superintendent