CONNEAUT — For two decades, Township Park has served as a stand-in for the Normandy coast for a host of World War II re-enactments.
CONNEAUT— A Florida-based organization dedicated to the mechanized warfare of World War II plans to bring something unique to D-Day Conneaut this year.
CONNEAUT — A Conneaut couple who live near the beach so important to the annual D-Day Conneaut re-enactment recently spent time visiting the real thing.
CONNEAUT — The Conneaut Public Library has expanded on their usual movie night at D-Day, and will air a second movie, this one, on Friday night.
ASHTABULA TOWNSHIP — John Pildner Sr. saw action in one of the most brutal battles in World War II during the winter of 1945 as Allied troops fought their way through Europe and suffered 100,000 casualties in Belgium and Germany during the Battle of the Bulge.
This Week's Circulars
Carolyn S. Bordner, 74, of Conneaut, passed away Sunday August 18, 2019. Visitation will be 4-7PM, Thursday, August 22, 2019 at the Marcy Funeral Home, 208 Liberty St., Conneaut. Full notice will appear in Wednesday's edition.
RALEIGH [ndash] C.W. Mitchell died at his residence on Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019. A burial service will be held on Aug. 24 at 11 a.m. in Chestnut Grove Cemetery. www.ducro.com
- Ashtabula businessman indicted on 39 charges including rape of two teenage girls Warrant issued for 22-year-old female co-defendant
- Ashtabula City Council member's Facebook message sparks debate
- Sheriff's called to huge party
- Volpi will face 39 charges for sex crimes Tuesday; co-defendant arrested
- WATCH VIDEO | D-Day Conneaut | Event comes to a close with huge battle on beach
- Conneaut officials unveil plans for city's waterfront site
- Several rescued, emergency personnel search for more survivors after boat capsizes on Lake Erie
- Aloterra Packaging in Ashtabula closing; 39 full-time jobs will be lost
- PHOTO GALLERY | D-Day Conneaut | Second day of re-enactment shows battles, honors veterans
- Ashtabula County schools begin on these dates