CONNEAUT — For two decades, Township Park has served as a stand-in for the Normandy coast for a host of World War II re-enactments.
CONNEAUT— A Florida-based organization dedicated to the mechanized warfare of World War II plans to bring something unique to D-Day Conneaut this year.
CONNEAUT — A Conneaut couple who live near the beach so important to the annual D-Day Conneaut re-enactment recently spent time visiting the real thing.
CONNEAUT — The Conneaut Public Library has expanded on their usual movie night at D-Day, and will air a second movie, this one, on Friday night.
ASHTABULA TOWNSHIP — John Pildner Sr. saw action in one of the most brutal battles in World War II during the winter of 1945 as Allied troops fought their way through Europe and suffered 100,000 casualties in Belgium and Germany during the Battle of the Bulge.
This Week's Circulars
SUFFIELD [ndash] Theron Nesbitt, Sr., 70, died peacefully January 17, 2020. Funeral services, Saturday, January 25, 3:00PM, Springfield Church of the Brethren, 3500 Albrecht Ave., Akron. Calling hours 2PM-3PM. Visit tribute page at www.thompsonsmithnesbitt.com.
TUCSON [ndash] Willard Lee Browning, 82, of Tucson, Arizona, died at home January 6, 2020. A Celebration of Life in Tucson will be held. Inurnment will be in Eagleville Cemetery, Ohio. Sister: Marilyn Clark; Brother: Larry Browning
- Coach accused of hitting student
- Ashtabula man accused of sex crime with minor
- New owner of Spire Institute plans for future
- $14 million of work Improvements coming to Conneaut
- Lunch break reveals a burglary in progress
- Two local wineries receive national awards
- Saybrook Township man sentenced in rape case
- Ashtabula police officer charged with OVI
- Man charged in crash that killed 16-year-old girl
- Pit bull terrier reportedly attacks woman