While many of the specifics of the Great Ashtabula Train accident have long ago become historical record, unsolved mysteries and unsung heroes remain.
The Ashtabula Train Disaster is mostly remembered for the death and devastation it wrought, but some good did come out of it as the tragedy prompted a number of safety changes to the industry — eventually.
ASHTABULA — It was the worst train disaster of the 19th century and one of the worst in American history.
ASHTABULA — Dave Tobias has mined the Ashtabula Train Disaster site for almost five decades — in fact pieces of history have been saved from the Ashtabula River bed through the efforts of four generations of the Tobias family.
A historic agreement between Ashtabula County Metroparks and the City of Ashtabula caps the first phase of a process that could extend the Western Reserve Greenway Trail to Ashtabula Harbor and Lake Erie. Metroparks has completed a multi-year planning and acquisition grant from the Ohio Depa…
This Week's Circulars
CONNEAUT [ndash] Fredrick J. Ellerkamp, age 63, died Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at the Cleveland Clinic. Arrangements will be announced by the Raisian Family Funeral Home, 581 Harbor Street, Conneaut.
CONNEAUT [ndash] Donna M. Barnes, 63, died Sunday, November 10, 2019. No services will be held at this time. Contributions may be made to her family. Envelopes available at the Marcy Funeral Home. Full notice at www.marcyfuneralhome.com.
- Man dead in Ashtabula Township deputy-involved shooting
- Conneaut man arrested on numerous child sex charges
- Ashtabula group tailgating at every Cleveland Browns game
- Ashtabula veteran and his explosive-sniffing dog retire together after service in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Officials who confronted gunman had no body cameras
- Conneaut man's disappearance an eight-year-old mystery
- Ashtabula man involved in confrontation with police had criminal record
- City officials looking at ways to slow speeders
- Waiting on findings in fatal hit-and-run accident
- Rapose and Fleming win Ashtabula BOE race