By MARK TODD
NORTH KINGSVILLE -- An unidentified housing developer has an eye on property along Route 193, Mayor Ron McVoy said at Wednesday's Village Council meeting.
The developer, who doesn't want to be identified, is looking at land on the west side of the highway, north of Route 20, McVoy said. The acreage is damp, however, and some drainage would be needed, he said.
North Kingsville is looking at boring a hole underneath Route 193 for drainage work, rather than break up pavement, McVoy said. The village may be able to use boring equipment owned by the Conneaut Telephone Co., he said.
"(The work) could drain a heck of a lot of the west side for the developer," McVoy said. "It looks like the developer will take that property and put up some nice houses."
In other business, McVoy asked council to consider paying a fee to neighboring Conneaut that would allow village residents to take leaves, tree branches, grass clippings and other yard waste to that city's compost site.
Conneaut City Manager Douglas Lewis suggested a $2,000 fee to open the facility to North Kingsville residents.
"It's in the discussion phase," McVoy said. "I think it will go forward."
- Agreed to buy a 2006 police cruiser for $20,300 through a state purchasing program. In a separate action, council agreed to offer a used cruiser at public sale;
- Approved a $1,200 contract with Central Exterminating Co., to treat municipal property for stinging insects;
- Authorized the Conneaut Telephone Co. to provide Internet service to the Village Green Golf Course clubhouse;
- Moved to a second reading financial legislation related to pending culvert work on Pennsylvania Avenue, Autumn Lane and a stretch of Route 531. Council hired Smolen Engineering to oversee the project;
- Thanked Kray's Co. for repairs employees recently performed at no cost to three pieces of village fire department equipment; and
- Convened an executive session, at McVoy's request, to discuss personnel.
This Week's Circulars
MONTVILLE [ndash] James Domonic Loveland, 46, of Montville Ohio passed away unexpectedly May 25, 2020 . Visitation and funeral service will be Saturday May 30 2020, 10 A.M. till Noon. Full obituary and condolences at guerrierofuneralhome.com.
JEFFERSON TWP.-Ethelyn "Lynn" Rhoads, 96, Jefferson died Tuesday at ACMC. Wife of Jim, mother of Becky Pallutch & Dennis Rhoads. Visitation Monday 11:00AM-12:30PM, Jefferson Home of Fleming & Billman Funeral Directors. Graveside service-1:00PM-Oakdale Cemetery. fleming-billman.com
CONNEAUT [ndash] Montana N. Enssle age 18 died Saturday, May 23, 2020. Arrangements will be announced by the Raisian Family Funeral Home, 581 Harbor Street, Conneaut.
- Dakota Burdette gets five years community service
- Norwood Drive raid yields drugs and cash
- Ashtabula reveals 2020 street paving list
- Virus cases down in prison. but up in Ashtabula County
- Mother, daughter open art gallery in Geneva
- COVID-19 checklist for garage sales
- JCPenney and Gordmans filing for bankruptcy, closing some stores
- Ashtabula announces layoffs, furloughs
- Geneva-on-the-Lake announces plans for businesses to reopen
- ACMC welcomes new doctor