ORWELL [emdash] Beau E. Millberg, age 41 of Orwell, died Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at the Ashtabula Co. Medical Center. He was born July 11, 1980, the son of David L. & Doreen L. (Buckley) Millberg and resided in Gastonia, NC for several years before returning to this area four years ago.…
This Week's Circulars
- One person shot on West 52nd near West Avenue
- City asked to name coal conveyor bridge after fire victims
- Ashtabula Area City Schools joins OhioCheckbook.gov
- Two injured in truck-train crash
- Culinary program starts at Lake Erie Correctional Institution
- Wayne Township matriarch to be honored on chuck wagon cook, Kent Rollins' show
- Grand Jury Indictments
- Call them the Guardians Local fan react to Indians' new name
- Wine, Dine and Walleye Festival provides a bit of color on a gray Saturday
- Police looking for 'person of interest' from Friday's shooting
Passengers in the rear section of the B-29 "Doc" had to rely on a video screen to see the view from the front of the aircraft. The screen allowed passengers to watch the plane while landing at Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The B-29 "Doc" has side bubble windows that allowed side gunners to look out in front of the plane as well as behind, including seeing the plane's tail. This is a video from a flight aboard "Doc" after taking off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The top gunner on a B-29 had a full view of the aircraft, from the tail wing and all around the plane. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.