According to the U.S. Army personnel command, all military service members, veterans and federal employees who served between Sept. 2, 1945 and Dec. 26, 1991 are eligible for a "Cold War Recognition Certificate."

An application for the certificate can be found on the Internet at http// The website will inform you of the procedures and the required documentation to receive the certificate. Expect a minimum of six months to receive it.

Applications will only be accepted by fax or mail. More information on the certificate can be found on Perscom's Cold War website or by calling customer service at (703) 325-5864.

I have received mine. It is a standard 8X10 document and is quite appropriate for framing.

If you know of any veteran who may be entitled to his certificate, please do them a favor and pass on this information.

Robert N. College


Recommended for you