The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
Charles "Chay" Donley, 89, passed away July 30, 2021. Calling hours Wednesday 5:00-7:00, funeral starting at 7:00 at CZUP FUNERAL HOME, 1329 Lake Avenue, Ashtabula. Burial Thursday at 11:00 with military honors in Edgewood Cemetery. www.czupfuneral.com.
ASHTABULA-John Halman, 98, passed away July 30, 2021 in Dublin, Ohio. Funeral services will be held on Saturday, August 7 at Fleming-Billman, 526 Prospect Rd. Ashtabula. Calling Hours: 11:00-12:00; Funeral at 12:00; burial in Ridgeview Cemetery. www.fleming-billman.com.
- Entrepreneur choose Ashtabula County
- Ashtabula police issue arrest warrant in shooting incident
- GOTL to host grape festival in September
- Tornado warning, severe thunderstorm slams Ashtabula County
- Community helps save rained-out wedding reception
- Pondering Conneaut Harbor planning
- Geneva showcases depth at receiver
- Dangerous area of Conneaut Harbor claims another life
- Lake Shore Park Rib Burn-Off set for Sept. 17-19
- Ashtabula County Common Pleas Court