Kehoe helps Conneaut
lock down soccer win
Danny Kehoe scored a pair of goals and Tyler Arndt scored a goal and assisted on another to lead Conneaut over Lakeside, 4-0, in Northeastern Conference boys soccer action Thursday.
Dane Malys scored a goal and Brice Bowman and Chris Briestensky each had assists for the Spartans (5-1, 2-0). Jeremy Myers had three saves in the shutout and Matt Jones had 14 saves for the Dragons.
- GENEVA 2, EDGEWOOD 1 - Keith Chadwick scored with 15 minutes to play in the game and Kyle Sholtis scored on a direct kick with five minutes to go for the Eagles (2-2, 2-0 in NEC). Asa Snider scored in the first half for the Warriors (2-3, 1-1). Giancarlo Fasano had the assist.
- HARVEY 5, JEFFERSON 1 - Paco DeJesus scored two goals and assisted on another to lead the Red Raiders (1-2, 1-1 in NEC). Juan Flores scored two goals and Jesus Sanchez added another. Kyle Gilchrist scored for the Falcons (2-2, 0-2).
Kaylin Mielnik scored a pair of goals and Becky Mielnik scored a goal and added an assist in leading Riverside over Chardon, 4-1, in Premier Athletic Conference play. Sammy Ruth scored a goal and Emily Dotts and Trish McCarthy each had assists for the Beavers (3-2-1, 1-1 in PAC). Mary Massiello scored for the Hilltoppers (0-4, 0-3).
- WEST GEAUGA 3, NOTRE DAME-CATHEDRAL LATIN 1 - Carolyn Bondra scored the Lions' lone goal.
Steve Dunne fired a 37 and Jeff Headman carded a 38 on the par-36 front nine at Maple Ridge to lead Edgewood (3-8, 1-5 in NEC) over Harvey. Ken Reed shot a 43 and Josh Miller finished with a 44 as every Edgewood golfer scored better than the Red Raiders' leading golfer. Matt Shane shot a 47 for the Red Raiders (3-8, 1-5).
- JEFFERSON 175, CONNEAUT 175 - The Falcons won on fifth golfer Brandon Kidd's 49 on the par-36 front nine at Windy Hill. Zak Blair led Jefferson (7-1, 6-1 in NEC) with a 37. Jeff Raisian and Alex Polchosky each carded a 41 to lead the Spartans (6-3, 3-3).
- LAKESIDE 169, GENEVA 178 - Tyler Altier shot a 39 and T.J. Bowler fired a 41 to lead Lakeside (12-1, 6-0). Tommy Parker carded a 40 and Kyle Kapudjija shot a 44 for the Eagles (2-9, 2-4).
- AURORA 161, PERRY 165, HAWKEN 169 - Kent Monas fired a 34 to earn medalist honors for Perry at the tri-match. Derek Arnold finished with a 40 for the Pirates.
Emily Taylor carded a 39 and Brittany Nehas shot a 46 to lead Berkshire over Lakeside, 206-232, on the par-34 front nine at Grandview Country Club. Amy Patterson finished with a 53 and Kira Ernst fired a 54 for the Dragons (2-12, 0-3 in NEC). Deanna Hunt shot a 60 for the Badgers (5-6).
- PADUA 187, HATHAWAY BROWN 211, NDCL 221 - Kristen Murphy carded a 54 and Joy Clifford and Allison Kutz each shot a 55 on the par-36 front nine at Fowler's Mill for the Lions (0-2).
Jade Buhite won at first singles and Katie Shimmelpfennig won at third singles to lead Edgewood over Conneaut in a non-conference match, 4-1. The doubles team of Jamie Schilling-Ashley Campbell and Lauren Shimmelpfennig-Megan Barker also recorded wins for the Warriors (4-3, 3-2 in NEC). Becky Betteridge won at second singles for the Spartans (2-7, 1-4).
- LAKESIDE 4, BRUSH 1 - Amanda Mills, Leona Rodabaugh and Taylor Palmer all won at singles for the Dragons (3-6, 2-3 in NEC). The doubles team of Chyni Coleman and Brittany Wilfong also won.
- PERRY 4, EUCLID 1 - Kaley Kahoun and Laura Teigoler won at second and third singles for the Pirates (5-5). The doubles teams of Michelle Holy-Sarah Breedlove and Kristen Cunningham-Cassie Rideout also won.
- CHARDON 5, MADISON 0 - Caitlin Kahl, Aubri Brownlee and Christina Bartol all won at singles for the Hilltoppers, (6-3, 3-0 PAC). The doubles teams of Chanda Varner-Kaitlynn O'Brien and Molly Banno-Meg McAuley also won.
Jenn Laurello scored 23 points serving and Kayla DeGeorge scored 15 points and was 20-20 spiking with 11 aces to lead SS. John and Paul past Lutheran East, 25-6, 25-7, 25-8, in the East Suburban Conference. Cali Orlando was 49-49 setting and Mary Mahoney was 7-9 spiking with five aces for the Heralds (5-1, 2-0).
- CHARDON 25, 25, 25, HARVEY 22, 13, 17 - Monica Shorter was 11-14 spiking with six aces and Lauren Litts was 65-65 setting with 19 aces to lead the Hilltoppers (1-2, 0-1 in PAC). Lindsey Ward was 12-17 spiking with five aces and Sam Krueger was 39-43 setting for the Red Raiders (1-5, 0-0 in NEC).
- BERKSHIRE 25, 25, 25, FAIRPORT 14, 17, 18 - Jessica Ronyak was 26-30 spiking with 13 aces, Lindsay Ludlow was 18-22 spiking with seven aces and Lindsay Ashba was 66-69 setting with 21 aces for the Badgers (6-1, 3-0 in Chagrin Valley Conference Valley Division). Emily Kallenborn had eight ace passes and Jillian Matsko had six ace passes for the Skippers (0-4, 0-3).
- LORDSTOWN 25, 25, 27, PYMATUNING VALLEY 14, 18, 25 - Bridgette Jewell had six ace spikes for the Lakers. Meagan Gibson had 12 ace spikes for Lordstown (4-1, 3-0 in NAC).
- RIVERSIDE 25, 25, 25, MADISON 12, 8, 15 - Katie Bayer had 12 ace spikes, Kelly Kohr had 21 ace sets and Abbie Namestnik had eight ace spikes for the Beavers (1-5, 1-0 in PAC). Breanna Wilson was 69-75 setting with nine aces and Nikki Stone was 31-34 passing for the Blue Streaks (3-5, 0-1).
- NEWBURY 21, 25, 25, 26, GRAND VALLEY 25, 18, 19, 24 - Kelly Wagner was 18-25 spiking with seven aces, Megan Krzynowek was 28-36 spiking with six aces and Chelsea Hanck was 23-24 spiking with six aces for the Mustangs (0-6, 0-3 in CVC Valley).
- NDCL 19, 26, 17, 25, 15, HOLY NAME 25, 24, 25, 19, 11 - Kara Stefanov had 13 ace spikes and 30 blocks (2 solo) for the Lions (2-3, 2-1 in NCL).
- LEDGEMONT 25, 21, 25, 25, CORNERSTONE CHRISTIAN 21, 25, 20, 18 - Trisha Heller was 19-21 spiking with 13 aces, Holly Burdorff was 83-85 setting with 44 aces, and Katelyn Prince was 15-17 spiking with 11 aces for the Redskins (5-0, 2-0 in ESC).
Kevin Beduhn carded a 43 to lead Geneva over Lakeside, 191-193. Ron Pristera led the Dragons with a 41. The Eagles will play Riverside today at Hemlock Springs. Lakeside will play Perry on Monday at Powderhorn.
T.J. Soyster shot a 49 to lead Lakeside (3-0) over SS. John and Paul (0-2), 215-143. Kevin Acierno led the Heralds with a 53. Lakeside will play at Jefferson on Monday.
Robby Hamilton and Marcus Ellis each scored a goal to lead Braden over Riverside, 2-0. Marcus Harmon and Tyler Dickey each had assists and Devon Powell had two saves for the Bulldogs (3-1-1).
- Bob Ettinger
Star Beacon Print Edition: 9/8/2006