Ashtabula Senior Center, 4632 Main Ave., is open Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Daily activities: pool, puzzles, games, crafts. Events for June 11-15:
Monday: bingo 1 p.m.
Tuesday: ceramics 9 a.m., Minnesota canasta 10 a.m.
Wednesday: birthday party 1 p.m.
Thursday: nurse 9:30-11 a.m.; senior prom 5 to 9 p.m. at Conneaut Human Resource Center
Friday: Upper Crust lunch group 11 a.m. at Best Friends, Geneva, sign up by June 13; bridge/canasta 12:45 p.m.; computer class 10 a.m.; Minnesota canasta 6:30 p.m.
Union Carbide Retirees will meet 1 p.m. June 14 at Ashtabula Township Hall, Routes 11 and 20. All retirees, spouses and guests of any Ashtabula Carbide plant, Elkem Metals, Linde Wire or Linde Air are invited. No dues are required. For more information, contact Sam Bucci of Ashtabula.
The Pavolino Cousins luncheon will be 1 p.m. June 19 at The Crow's Nest, Ashtabula. June birthdays observed.
Rockwell Retirees will meet 7 p.m. Monday at the United Auto Workers Union Hall, 351 Center St., Ashtabula.
Ashtabula Retired Team-sters 377A will meet 1 p.m. June 21 at the union hall, 2426 Cook Road. A potluck lunch will be served at noon. Bring a covered dish to share and tableservice. Spouses and all retired Teamsters are welcome, regardless of the local from which they are retired. For more information, contact Mrs. Charles Shipman or Tony Collette.
National Active and Retired Federal Employ-ees Ashtabula Chapter 0624 will meet 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at Kardohely's Restaurant. The group will celebrate it's 50th anniversary with a picnic Aug. 14 at Saybrook Township Park. All federal employees and retirees are welcome.
Geneva Area Senior Center, 62 W. Main St., is open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Ongoing activities - Mon-day: bingo 10 a.m.; Tuesday: exercise 11:30 a.m., pool 11 a.m.; Wednesday: coffee and entertainment 10 a.m. Thursday: 10 a.m. bingo, 10:30 a.m. blood pressure check, 11:30 a.m. exercise; Friday: 10:30 a.m. bowling, noon ceramics, canasta
- Geneva Senior Citizens meetings are held 1:30 p.m. the third Tuesday at Geneva United Church. For a calendar of events or additional information, contact Judy Bushnell, president; Dea Clarkson, vice president; or Cathie Schmidt, board member. The June 19 meeting will be at Rae-Ann Nursing Home, Geneva.
Jefferson Senior Center, 11 E. Jefferson St., is open 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday. Lunch daily 11:30 a.m.; sign up two days in advance.
June activities: senior prom, 5:30-9 p.m. June 14 at Conneaut Human Resource Center; hearing screening 10 a.m.-noon June 14, free, register by June 8; Botanical Garden trip 1 p.m. June 18; identity theft, fraud, scam program, 7-9 p.m. June 20, register by June 15; birthday get-together 11:45 a.m. June 20; senior mall shopping June 22; senior luncheon noon June 25, register by June 20; ice cream social, 1 p.m. June 28, sign up by June 15
Call the center for more information, as some events require reservations.
- AARP Chapter 4925 will meet 1 p.m. June 14 (second Thursday of the month) at Jefferson Com-munity Center. Everyone 50 and older is welcome.
Reliance Electric Re-tirees will meet to honor couples married 50 years or more 1 p.m. June 21 at the Kathryn Rose Party Center, Ashtabula. Gloria and Lou DiFabio will provide music. All employees and guests are welcome.
The Conneaut Human Resources Center, 327 Mill St., welcomes all senior citizens to free events for the Seniors Together program. Reservations are not necessary. Sign-in is 10:30 a.m. for 11 a.m. programs. Lunch is served noon Monday through Friday, with two-day notice required. Transpor-tation is available.
Weekly activities - Monday: bingo 11 to 11:50 a.m., social time/ puzzles/ movies until 1:30 p.m.; Tuesday: dominoes/ cards/ checkers, third Tuesday each month speaker Nancy Hutchens from UH Conneaut Medical Center, 9 a.m. yoga, line dancing 7 to 9 p.m. ($4 fee); Thurs-day: dominoes/ cards/ puzzles, free line dancing 10 to 11:30 a.m., free clinic for hearing aid assistance, card night 6-8 p.m. Thursday; Friday: bingo/ cards/movies and popcorn.
Kingsville and North Kingsville area seniors are invited to join Kingsville's senior group which meets 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at the Kingsville Public Library Welcome Center. Pinochle and other games are played, classes, bingo and more. For more information call the library.
- Madison Medical Campus, 6270 N. Ridge Road, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sunday.
- Chardon Medical Campus, 510 Fifth Ave., 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Sunday.
Madison Senior Center, 2938 Hubbard Road, is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Programs: arthritis exercise, 3 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays; blood pressure checks 10 a.m. first and fourth Fridays, memory loss support group, 6:30 p.m. first Friday and 10 a.m. last Thursday of the month; band practice 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
The Senior Singles Dinner Club meets 5 p.m. Wednesdays at Ashtabula Mall food court. All singles age 50 and older are welcome. For more information contact Nancy (N.) Steighner of Ashtabula.
Star Beacon Print Edition: 6/8/2007
- Community Events
August 14 Community Events
Imagine Ashtabula will meet 7 p.m. Aug. 23 at A. Louis Supply Co., Ross Drive.
The Book Discussion Group will meet 6:30 p.m. Aug. 30 at Geneva Public Library. The discussion will be on "Whistling in the Dark," by Lesley Kagen.
August 9 COMMUNITY EVENTS
Italian Sons and Daughters of America monthly meeting will be 10 a.m. Aug. 19 at the Elks Lodge #208, 3115 Lake Road W. Breakfast buffet reservations are needed by Aug. 16. Guests are welcome. Call Jean (John J. Meola) or Gerry Notter to make r ...
- August 7 COMMUNITY EVENTS ASHTABULA A reunion will be held in September for the crew of the USS Kleinsmith which was docked at Pinney Dock in June 1959 as part of Operation Inland Seas Celebration. The reunion committee is looking for information, memorabilia and pictures of the ship and it's crew. Contact Chris and Dianna (Lewis) Ogdengdenhc @be ...
- July 31 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA A reunion will be held in September for the crew of the USS Kleinsmith which was docked at Pinney Dock in June 1959 as part of Operation Inland Seas Celebration. The reunion committee is looking for information, memorabilia and pictures of the ship and it's crew. Contact Chris and Dianna (Lewis) Ogden, 240 Bran ...
- July 24 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA Imagine Ashtabula will meet 7 p.m. Wednes-day at A. Louis Supply Co., Ross Driv ...
- July 10 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA Lake Shore Artists will meet 6:30 p.m. Friday at Ashtabula Arts Center. Cynthia Ziegler will ex-plain how she created her prizewinning work recently exhibited at the AAC. Prospective members are welcome. Call Georganna (Virgil) Bidlack of Geneva for more informatio ...
- July 5 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA The annual True Temper reunion potluck picnic will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Saybrook Township Park. Those attending should bring a covered dish to share and tablesettings. Coffee will be provided. All former employees, including of-fice personnel and supervisors, and their families are welcom ...
- July 3 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA The annual True Temper reunion potluck picnic will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Saybrook Township Park. Those attending should bring a covered dish to share and tablesettings. Coffee will be provided. All former employees, including office personnel and supervisors, and their families are welcom ...
- June 26 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA Free "Meals on the Avenue" will be held at New Hope Pentecostal Church, 5917 West Ave., 4 to 6 p.m. today through Friday (the last full week of every month). For more information, call the church. NAACP, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, will meet 6 p.m. Thursday at Peoples Bap ...
- June 21 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA Free "Meals on the Avenue" will be served at New Hope Pentecostal Church, 5917 West Ave., 4 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. All are welcome. For more information, call the churc ...
- More Community Events Headlines
- August 14 Community Events ASHTABULA