The Woman's Club of Ashtabula County will meet 6:30 p.m. May 8 in the Blue-Gold Room of Kent State University, Ashtabula. Tickets are $15 and must be purchased by today. Program will be the Lakeside High School Jazz Ensemble. For more information, contact Marilyn (Joseph V.) Beckett of Ashtabula.
The Finnish Heritage Tours will be conducting a tour to Finland June 14 to 30. For more information contact Linda Sippola Riddell, 1207 Elks Drive.
Girl Scout Troop 671 will hold 2007-2008 registration 11 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Monroe United Methodist Church, 4302 Center Road. Early registration fee is $7. For more information, contact Becky (Henry) Hautala of Conneaut.
Calvary Episcopal Camp, 4911 Lake Road, in partnership with Ashtabula County Red Cross, will host the fifth annual aquatic school from May 31 to June 3. Three classes will be offered: lifeguard training, lifeguard instructor training and water safety instructor training. For more information and registration call the camp or visit www.calvarycamp.org.
Anchors Aweigh American Business Women's Association will meet 6:30 p.m. May 8 at Harpersfield Vineyard and Winery, 6387 Route 307. Speaker will be Denise Cassidy-Cousins from the Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy of Ashtabula. She will be speak on her vocation and operation of an independently owned pharmacy. For reservations, call Dorothy M. Kovacs.
Applications are available for vendors who wish to participate in the 33rd annual Kingsville Li-brary lawn sale 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 19 at Kingsville Township Park. Vendors can pick up an application at the library or call to have an application mailed.
Jefferson High School, 125 S. Poplar St., will hold an assembly 8 a.m. May 7 in honor of "Loyalty Day." This event is sponsored by Ashtabula Coun-cil Veterans of Foreign Wars. Janet Merrick, department of Ohio auxiliary president, will address the assembly and speaker will be William Seagraves, state commander department of Ohio VFW. A presentation of a United States flag flown over Bagdad will be made to Jefferson High School for their flagpole. The public is invited.
Lake County YMCA East End Branch, 750 N. Lake St., Madison, is sponsoring a bus trip to tour Stan Hywet mansion, gardens and butterfly conservatory 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 31. Fee is $45 per person which includes tour and lunch at the Carriage House Caf%25E9. Call the YMCA to register.
Friends of WomenSafe Inc. annual spring luncheon and Chinese auction will be held May 9 at St. Mary's Banquet Room, 401 North St., Chardon. Entertainment will be by Virginia Strenger and there will be a slide show by Paul Newman. Call Womensafe to make a reservation.
Star Beacon Print Edition: 5/1/2007
- Community Events
August 14 Community Events
Imagine Ashtabula will meet 7 p.m. Aug. 23 at A. Louis Supply Co., Ross Drive.
The Book Discussion Group will meet 6:30 p.m. Aug. 30 at Geneva Public Library. The discussion will be on "Whistling in the Dark," by Lesley Kagen.
August 9 COMMUNITY EVENTS
Italian Sons and Daughters of America monthly meeting will be 10 a.m. Aug. 19 at the Elks Lodge #208, 3115 Lake Road W. Breakfast buffet reservations are needed by Aug. 16. Guests are welcome. Call Jean (John J. Meola) or Gerry Notter to make r ...
- August 7 COMMUNITY EVENTS ASHTABULA A reunion will be held in September for the crew of the USS Kleinsmith which was docked at Pinney Dock in June 1959 as part of Operation Inland Seas Celebration. The reunion committee is looking for information, memorabilia and pictures of the ship and it's crew. Contact Chris and Dianna (Lewis) Ogdengdenhc @be ...
- July 31 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA A reunion will be held in September for the crew of the USS Kleinsmith which was docked at Pinney Dock in June 1959 as part of Operation Inland Seas Celebration. The reunion committee is looking for information, memorabilia and pictures of the ship and it's crew. Contact Chris and Dianna (Lewis) Ogden, 240 Bran ...
- July 24 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA Imagine Ashtabula will meet 7 p.m. Wednes-day at A. Louis Supply Co., Ross Driv ...
- July 10 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA Lake Shore Artists will meet 6:30 p.m. Friday at Ashtabula Arts Center. Cynthia Ziegler will ex-plain how she created her prizewinning work recently exhibited at the AAC. Prospective members are welcome. Call Georganna (Virgil) Bidlack of Geneva for more informatio ...
- July 5 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA The annual True Temper reunion potluck picnic will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Saybrook Township Park. Those attending should bring a covered dish to share and tablesettings. Coffee will be provided. All former employees, including of-fice personnel and supervisors, and their families are welcom ...
- July 3 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA The annual True Temper reunion potluck picnic will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Saybrook Township Park. Those attending should bring a covered dish to share and tablesettings. Coffee will be provided. All former employees, including office personnel and supervisors, and their families are welcom ...
- June 26 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA Free "Meals on the Avenue" will be held at New Hope Pentecostal Church, 5917 West Ave., 4 to 6 p.m. today through Friday (the last full week of every month). For more information, call the church. NAACP, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, will meet 6 p.m. Thursday at Peoples Bap ...
- June 21 COMMUNITY events ASHTABULA Free "Meals on the Avenue" will be served at New Hope Pentecostal Church, 5917 West Ave., 4 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. All are welcome. For more information, call the churc ...
- More Community Events Headlines
- August 14 Community Events ASHTABULA