• A jacket was reported stolen Tuesday night from a vehicle parked at a Walnut Street address in Geneva Township, according to the Ashtabula County Sheriff’s Department.
The thief shattered a side window to enter the vehicle, deputies said.
• Two men face charges after drugs were found in their vehicle after a traffic stop in Ashtabula Township early Tuesday afternoon, deputies said. Arrested were a 19-year-old Dorset man and a 30-year-old Dorset resident, according to a report.
• An Orwell Township man had a bumpy start to his new year after learning his 1998 pickup truck had been stolen and then involved in a traffic accident near his home, deputies said.
The victim, who lives on Moore Road, contacted deputies around 10:19 a.m. The man said he had received a call from a wrecker company representative who told him the truck had been towed from a crash scene. Deputies learned from the Ohio State Highway Patrol the crash occurred shortly before 1 a.m. Tuesday at Moore and Morris roads.
The truck had been unlocked and the keys were in the ignition, deputies said.
• Charges are pending against a 37-year-old Geneva Township woman who deputies said was carrying a small amount of cocaine wrapped in currency found inside her bra.
Deputies were sent to the Austin Manor Trailer Park around 4:30 a.m. Tuesday in response to a domestic violence complaint. The woman, who was intoxicated, was found laying in snow. She was arrested after ignoring deputies’ orders to stop using profane language, according to a report.
While being booked at the county jail, corrections officers discovered the drug tucked inside the woman’s brassiere, deputies said.
• A 20-year-old Ashtabula man faces weapons-related charges after Ashtabula County sheriff’s deputies found a loaded pistol in a vehicle during a traffic stop Monday night.
The semi-automatic handgun, with one round in the chamber, was discovered tucked underneath the rear seat of the vehicle, deputies said. The 20-year-old, a passenger in the vehicle, admitted ownership, saying he needed the gun for self-defense, according to a report.
The driver, a 23-year-old Conneaut man, faces drug paraphernalia charges after hypodermic needles were found in the vehicle. Deputies found the gun and needles after pulling over the vehicle for a traffic violation around 6 p.m. at Route 20 and Homewood Avenue in Ashtabula Township, according to a report.