SAYBROOK TOWNSHIP — Police have found the body a young female believed to be a 13-year-old girl abducted Tuesday, authorities said Thursday night.

An Ashtabula man suspected of kidnapping Kara Zdanczewski of Ashtabula was nabbed Thursday afternoon by police in Sharon, Pa., authorities said. The suspect did not bring Kara back home after an outing, police said.

The Pennsylvania State Police Major Crimes Unit identified the man as 46-year-old John R. Bove, of Ashtabula. Initial reports, however, identified the man as from Pennsylvania.

Bove is a registered sex offender in Ohio, according to the Ohio Attorney General's database. He was convicted of rape in 1990 in New York.

Working on additional information Thursday night, law enforcement and firefighters searched for the teen in a field and woods in Saybrook Township, where they later discovered the body.

Though an Ashtabula County coroner's investigator visited the scene Thursday, that investigator could not be reached by publication Thursday night. It is currently unclear if the body has been identified.

Kara was reported missing by her parents, Ashtabula Police Chief Robert Stell said.

Responding to a bulletin from Ashtabula police, Sharon police spotted the suspect's car at about 12:30 p.m. Thursday along Edgewood Drive in Sharon.

When police attempted to stop the vehicle, the suspect fled and ran down a hill, across a four-lane highway and into a creek before police caught up with him, Sharon police said. Multiple police departments assisted Sharon officers at the scene.

Upon hearing of the suspect's arrest, Ashtabula police detectives traveled to Sharon late Thursday afternoon to speak with the suspect, Stell said.

While questioning the suspect, he faked a seizure in the police department. An ambulance was called, but did not transport him, sources said. He remained detained at the Sharon police station, according to The (Sharon, Pa.) Herald.

Ashtabula detectives returned to the city Thursday evening.

Sharon police Chief Gerry Smith told The Herald the Pennsylvania State Police Major Crimes Unit was involved in the suspect's capture Thursday afternoon.

Later that day, Sharon officers blocked off portions of the city where the suspect fled from police, and began searching with K-9 units.

Terry reported from Ashtabula. Roknick reported from Sharon, Pa. Star Beacon reporter Justin Dennis contributed to this report.

This Week's Circulars