JEFFERSON — EDITOR’S Note: The indictment of a person by a grand jury or otherwise is an accusation only and that person is presumed innocent until proven guilty. All information is taken from Ashtabula County Common Pleas Court records.
Two Windsor Township men accused of shooting two Amish teenagers in late July, have been indicted, by an Ashtabula County Grand Jury, on multiple counts of felonious assault.
Michael C. Jamesoån, 30, of 6044 Huntley Road, Windsor Township was indicted on 11 counts of felonious assault with a gun specification. Kenneth C. Jameson, 61, also of the Huntley Road address, was indicted on 13 counts of felonious assault with a gun specification.
The shooting occurred at the Huntley Road property shortly after 11 p.m. on July 27.
The victims were both passengers in an Amish transport van with a driver and eight other passengers. The van reportedly went to the Jameson residence to get a radio from a barn on the property. Kenneth and Michael Jameson noticed the vehicle on the property, which they reportedly believed to be trespassing. They allegedly began firing multiple rounds from a handgun and shotgun at the van, striking the van and seriously injuring the two victims, reports show.
The following people have also been indicted by an Ashtabula County Grand Jury and are set for arraignment in Common Pleas Court.
• Jacob Facer, 20, of 1902 Morningstar Drive, Roaming Shores, was indicted on one count of burglary following an Aug. 9 incident and one count of grand theft following a July 16 incident.
• Harold D. Jenkins, 40, of 284 Clay St., Conneaut, was indicted on one count of assault following a July 28 incident in Conneaut.
• Matthew A. Carnes, 27, of 516 W. 36th St., Ashtabula, was indicted on one count of possession of cocaine following a July 4 incident in Ashtabula.
• John W. Furry III, 43, of 649 Center Road, Conneaut, was indicted on one count of illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs, one count of aggravated possession of drugs and one count of possessing criminal tools following a June 29 incident in Conneaut.
• Anthony Gagat, 23, 438 W. Main Road #103, Conneaut, was indicted on one count of assault following a July 6 incident in Conneaut.
• Shawn L. Elliott, 40, of 401 Buffalo St., Conneaut, was indicted on one count of illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs and one count of illegal manufacture of drugs following a July 1 incident in Conneaut.