By STACY MILLBERG
Ashtabula County commissioners passed a resolution, Thursday, approving grant agreements with the Ohio Development Services Agency for Community Housing improvement Programs (CHIP).
The programs included in the grant are the Low and Moderate Income (LMI) Housing Trust Fund, Housing Investment Partnerships Program and Small Cities Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program.
The LMI Housing Trust Fund award amount was $50,000; The Home Investment Partnerships Program award amount was $259,600 and the CDBG Program award amount was $90,400.
Through the grant, the county will provide owner-occupied rehabilitation assistance to two LMI households, and home repair assistance to 13 LMI households. Additionally, the county will provide home-ownership assistance to four LMI households.
The grant period is retroactive to Sept. 1 and will end Dec. 31, 2015.
In other business, Commissioners approved:
• A resolution receiving proposals and awarding to local financial institutions for designation as a depository of active public funds;
• A resolution approving a contract with Warren Roofing and Insulating Co. for the Ashtabula County Department of Job and Family Services expansion project. The contract amount is not to exceed $464,900;
• A resolution approving a contract with Vendrick Construction, Inc. for the Ashtabula County Department of Job and Family Services expansion project. The contract amount is not to exceed $1,227,000;
• A resolution accepting the resignation of Mike Fitchet from the Ashtabula County 911 Review Board and appointing Tom Steel to the board;
• A resolution re-appointing Marna Drum of Ashtabula County to the Northeast Ohio Community Alternative Program (NEOCAP) Facility Governing Board;
• A resolution adopting updates to the Ashtabula County Multi-jurisdictional All-Hazard Mitigation Plan;
• A resolution creating the Ashtabula County Dangerous Wild Animal Response Team and appointing members;
• A resolution certifying assessments for the Austinburg Township sanitary sewer improvement project in the Ashtabula County Regional Sewer and Water District, to the County Auditor for the 20132 taxes to be collected in 2014 and thereafter until the assessments are paid in full; and,
• A resolution certifying Austinburg Township sanitary sewer tap-in charges to the county auditor to be collected annually from 2014 through 2018.
Commissioners also approved a number of financial transactions for the county including additional appropriations of $200,000 for the Ashtabula County Youth Detention Center control panel project, of which $120,000 will be reimbursed through a grant. Additional appropriations of $600,000 were also approved for the Ashtabula County Department of Job and Family Services expansion project.
Ashtabula’s police levy will generate money for additional police protection