CONNEAUT — Firefighters responded to a smoke alarm in the boiler room of Conneaut High School late Sunday afternoon and found lots of water, said Capt. John Chapin of the Conneaut Fire Department.
“There was water dripping out of the electrical boxes where the alarm system (is located),” Chapin said.
After checking the area, firefighters found the leak in a room behind the stage on the east side of the gymnasium, Chapin said. He said there was a broken pipe that apparently had been leaking for some time.
Chapin said the school's maintenance department was able to shut off the water. He said the school will have to suck up the water but there didn't appear to be significant damage other than fixing the heating unit.