By STACY MILLBERG - email@example.com
Ashtabula County Commissioners approved a contract with L.R. Kimball to conduct a study to determine the feasibility of mutual public safety dispatching in Ashtabula County.
The contract was approved in Tuesday’s regular meeting. The company will conduct a comprehensive study to determine the most cost effective solution of mutual public safety dispatching. The cost of the contract is not to exceed $75,304 and will be for a term of 105 days from the time the contract is signed.
Commissioner Peggy Carlo said this is the first step in determining whether central dispatching will be something the county will be able to develop.
In other business, commissioners approved:
• A resolution increasing the dog and kennel registration fees for the county;
• A resolution authorizing the county engineer to prepare and submit an application to participate in the Ohio Public Works Commission State Capital Improvement and/or Local Transportation Improvement Program;
• Resolutions removing Barry Goodrich, former Lake Erie Correctional Institution warden, from the Geauga, Ashtabula, Portage Partnership Area 19 Workforce Investment Board (GAPP WIB) as well as the local Workforce Policy Committee and appointing Brigham Sloan, of Lake Erie Correctional Institution to fill the seat;
• A resolution approving the public official bond of Dawn M. Cragon, county treasurer, in the amount of $100,000;
• A resolution authorizing Ashtabula County to participate in the State of Ohio Cooperative Purchasing Program;
• A resolution awarding the bid for the Coffee Creek Waste Water Treatment Plant improvement project in Austinburg Township to Jack Gibson Construction, in Warren, for a bid amount of $228,000, which was $2,000 less than the county engineer’s estimate for the project;
• A resolution authorizing the Ashtabula County Department of Environmental Services to enter into contract negotiations with Pro-Tech Systems Group Inc., in Akron, for design-build services associated with upgrades of the Ashtabula County Water System Telemetry System; and,
• A resolution confirming and levying the revised and final assessments for the cost of constructing the Austinburg Township sanitary sewer improvement project.
Commissioners also approved a number of financial transactions for the county.