The Star Beacon; Ashtabula, Ohio

Local News

July 2, 2013

Fire again injures Conneaut woman

CONNEAUT — For the second time in five months, a Sandusky Street woman was injured in a fire at her Sandusky Street residence, firefighters said.

Pat Rarey, 321 Sandusky St., suffered second-degree burns to her hands in a fire that occurred early Friday morning, said Assistant Fire Chief Steve Sanford. She sought treatment on her own at UH Conneaut Medical Center, he said.

A faulty electric fan is the probable cause of the blaze, which began in a second-floor bedroom, Sanford said. Fire damage was confined to the room, he said. Flames caused an estimated $10,000 damage to the building and contents.

Firefighters were dispatched around 3:25 a.m. to the address, which was occupied at the time by four people, Sanford said.

In February, Rarey was one of two people who suffered burns and smoke inhalation in a fire at the same location, firefighters said at the time. That fire was caused by “smoking materials,” according to a fire report.

Francis Wick was listed as the property’s owner, firefighters said.

1
Text Only
Local News
Spring Comes Alive
Ashtabula Spring Cleaning
The Taping of the Teacher: A sticky Sitation
Saturday Fun in Ashtabula County March 22, 2014
American Red Cross Ashtabula County Heroes Breakfast
Rotary Club Dodge Ball Tournament
18th Annual Polar Bear Plunge at Geneva State Park
Ashtabula Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Events
End of year weather extremes
Christmas 2013
Harpersfield Barn Fire
Route 11 Rescue Plymouth Township
Ashtabula Fire
D-Day Conneaut 2013
Flag Day 2013 Ceremony Greenlawn Memory Gardens
House Ads
AP Video