By WARREN DILLAWAY - Staff Writer
JEFFERSON — A Geneva Township man has been indicted on six different charges stemming from a Dec. 18 crash on Maple Road in Geneva Township that resulted in the death of Carri L. Shehan, according to Ashtabula County Common Pleas Court records.
William E. Johns, 44, of 5413 W. Maple Ave., Geneva Township, was indicted on one count of aggravated vehicular homicide, two counts of aggravated vehicular assault and three counts of operating a vehicle while under the influence, court records show.
Johns is accused of causing a crash at the intersection of Route 534 and Maple Avenue late on Dec. 18, 2009, during which 40 year old Carri L. Shehan was killed and Tammy Phillipp and Fred Phillipp were severely injured.
Charles B. Altman, 49, of 3428 Vineland Ave., Ashtabula, was also indicted on one count of aggravated robbery and one count of felonious assault for allegedly trying to steal a woman’s car in the K-Mart parking lot at Ashtabula Towne Square, court records show. He allegedly held a knife to the woman’s throat as she got out of her car to go shopping on Dec. 27, according to an Ashtabula County Sheriff’s Department report filed at the time.
Other indictments include:
– Jack E. Day, 54, of 5158 Route 534, Windsor, was indicted on one count of domestic violence and one count of felonious assault stemming from a Sept. 15 incident in Windsor Township, court records show.
– Kevin Blaney, 38, of 4845 Hanley Drive, Geneva, was indicted on one count of domestic violence, related to an Oct. 7, 2009, incident in Geneva-on-the-Lake.
– David A. Thompson, 50, of 70 E. Main St., Geneva, was indicted one count of domestic violence and one count of felonious assault stemming from an Oct. 31 incident in Ashtabula Township, court records show.
– Sally A. Kissel, 46, of 1239 W. 48th St., Ashtabula, was indicted on one count of possession of drugs relating to an Oct. 18 incident in Ashtabula involving Oxycodone, court records show.
– Timothy A. Hall Jr., 18, of 1126 W. Third St., Ashtabula, and Santo Vera-Santiago, 18, of 1017 Carriage Hill Apartment 202, were both indicted on 10 different counts relating to incidents that occurred Dec. 8 in Austinburg, Harpersfield and Ashtabula townships, court records show.
Hall and Vera-Santiago were charged with attempted burglary, four counts of burglary, four counts of theft and tampering with evidence, court records show.
– Raymond G. Malasky, 49, of 1415 Norwood Drive, Ashtabula, was indicted on one count of grand theft and one count of receiving stolen property stemming from a September 2009 incident in Ashtabula Township involving the theft of more than $5,000 in jewelry, court records show.