After some doubts the season would ever arrive, winter has hit the area hard in recent days — bringing smiles to owners of snowmobiles and other off-road vehicles.
Some roads in Conneaut may be used to reach established trails, but there are limitations, rules and regulations. A list of access roads is below. Vehicles cannot travel more than 15 mph on the roads and must stay off sidewalks unless they are plowing snow or performing maintenance.
Violators will be found guilty of a fourth-degree misdemeanor. If a repeat offense occurs within one year, the charge will be kicked up to a first-degree misdemeanor, which carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.
The list of acceptable access roads includes:
• Creek Road (between Keefus Road and Conneaut Creek)
• Keefus Road
• Underridge Road (between South Ridge and Keefus roads)
• South Parrish Road at the Interstate 90 overpass
• Dorman Road
• Old Main Road
• Clinton Avenue (between Parker Street and Whitney Road)
• Woodworth Road
• Middle Road (from I-90 south 700 yards)
• Hawthorne Drive (between Cedar Road and Oakland Boulevard)
• Oakland Boulevard (north of Hawthorne Drive)
• Underridge Road (between Kingsville and the Pennsylvania line)
• Creek Road (east of South Amboy Road to Conneaut Creek)
• South Parrish Road (between Daniels Avenue and the city limits)
• Creek Road (between South Amboy Road and Farnham Park)
• Clinton Avenue (between Parker and Lake Erie streets)