The Star Beacon; Ashtabula, Ohio

December 31, 2012

Conneaut home burns


Star Beacon

CONNEAUT —  A Hayward Avenue family was left homeless Monday afternoon when fire ripped through their home.

Nobody was apparently at home at the time the fire started. Firefighters found the front end of the home on fire, Fire Chief Steven Lee said.

 It appears to have started on the first floor and moved and moved to the second, Lee said.

The call came in at 4:47 p.m.

“They might be able to rebuild but it will take some serious work,” Lee said.

The Red Cross was at the scene as well as help from Ashtabula Township Fire Department.