CONNEAUT — L. Mae (Brunner) Richardson, 91, went home to be with the Lord Sunday, November 25, 2012 at Saybrook Landing, where she had been a resident for the last eleven months.
Mae was born May 16, 1921. She was one of five children born to William and Cecil (Hill) Brunner.
Mae grew up in the Plum Boro area of Pennsylvania, attended school there, and worked in a small confectionary store. It was there that she was meant to meet the love of her life, Edward Richardson. It only took him three months to convince her to marry him. They were married on October 29, 1940, and moved to Conneaut where they spent their entire married life. They were blessed to have 68 years together and had one daughter, Bonnie.
Mae was a familiar face around Conneaut for many years, as she waited on people at the Children’s Shop on Broad Street for 18 years and then later at the Minnette Shop next door. She and Ed were long time members of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Conneaut, and were very active in many areas of the church. They were always willing to serve the Lord. During her earlier years, she enjoyed doing ceramics, raising roses, knitting, watching the hummingbirds around her house, and doing various crafts. The joys of her life were her daughter, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. You could see the pride in her eyes when she talked about them. She loved family meals, and dessert was always the best part. She'd sample it all. Mae was lovingly referred to as the "ice cream lady" because no matter how full she was, she always had room for ice cream.
Survivors include her daughter Bonnie (Duane) Tenney of Ashtabula; granddaughters Amy Tuttle-Hahn of Madison, and Tamera (Charles) Curie of Jefferson; great-grandchildren Conner and Karson Hahn, and Ryan and Katlyn Mann.