- Election news
GOP grabs 3 Senate seats from Dems, but lose W.Va.
Republicans grabbed Senate seats from Democrats in Arkansas, North Dakota and Indiana on Tuesday, but a Democrat’s win in West Virginia may preserve his party’s Senate majority.
- Closely divided Ohio still awaiting governor pick
GOP gains House seats; tea party favorites thrive
Resurgent Republicans piled up gains in pursuit of a House majority Tuesday night and added seats in the Senate, too, in midterm elections shadowed by recession and fueled by a rebellion of tea party conservatives.
Incumbents winning in Ohio
Incumbents of both parties are holding onto U.S. House seats in Ohio as Republicans still hope to pick up new districts in the presidential battleground state.
- What candidates won
- McClure and Paulchel win Ashtabula Township trustee seats An incumbent and a former township park commissioner won two trustee seats Tuesday in Ashtabula Township.
Three newcomers on Conneaut council
A trio of first-time council candidates will join a revamped Conneaut City Council next year.
Thomas Udell easily won a three-way city council president race, while John Roach and Robert Naylor captured the two available council-at-large positions among nine hopefuls.
- Nelson bests Cervas for mayor of GOTL Village mayoral incumbent Dave Nelson retained his seat in the mayor’s office Tuesday, winning over former mayor Frances Cervas by 42 votes.
- County voters support veterans, casinos, and livestock board Ashtabula County voters went the way of voters statewide and supported all three constitutional amendment issues on Tuesday’s ballot.
- Village council races results Unofficial results from the Ashtabula County Board of Elections show the following results in contested village council races:
- More Election news Headlines
- GOP grabs 3 Senate seats from Dems, but lose W.Va.