A covered bridge was built in 1868 across Conneaut Creek near the site of the furnace. It replaced another bridge that washed away in a flood.
A Howe truss bridge 134 feet long, the bridge spanned 126 feet and was 16 feet wide. A handsome bridge set in a beautiful valley, the bridge was damaged by a truck too large/heavy for its timbers, which sealed the bridge’s fate. A new structure was planned and in the process of building it, the winding approach was straightened. The bridge was dismantled and gone from the scene by 1950.