Common Pleas Court
• Jamie Grabski, 24, 5955 North Ridge Road, Madison, appeared Jan. 7 for the sentencing hearing on the previous conviction of assault, a fourth-degree felony, and fleeing and eluding, a third-degree felony. Grabski was sentenced to 6 1/2 years in prison with 29 days jail time credited and will be subject to a period of post-release control. Grabski must pay the court costs.
• Bradley L. Devan, Jr., 27, 5961 Route 534, Windsor, pleaded not guilty Jan. 8 to the charges of possession of drugs, illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs and trafficking in drugs. His bond was continued at $10,000.
• Matthew Annick, 22, 5300 Jefferson Ave., Ashtabula, was sentenced Jan. 8 under the terms of his intervention in lieu of conviction to two years of community control. He must pay the court costs and obtain his GED.
• Desmond I. Turner, 21, 3600 Lake Ave. Apt. 702, Ashtabula, pleaded not guilty Jan. 8 to the charge of breaking and entering, a fifth-degree felony. His bond was set at $5,000.
• Jeffrey L. Adams, 20, 509 Chestnut St. #10, Conneaut, pleaded guilty Jan. 12 to the charges of attempted burglary and failure to appear, both fourth-degree felonies. He was sentenced to six months in prison with 124 days jail time credited and will be subject to a period of post-release control. He must pay the court costs.
• Varnell Johnson, 59, 861 W. Prospect Circle, Ashtabula, pleaded not guilty Jan. 13 to the charge of possession of drugs. His bond was set at $5,000.
• Jeffrey S. Babb, 25, to Chris L. Clute, 26, 6915 N. Clubside Dr., Andover;
• Craig A. Hillyer, 33, to Erin M. Bartchak, 23, 489 W. Main Road, Conneaut;
• Cress M. Sowry, III, 19, to Amanda N. Scheidt, 20, 4872 North Ridge Road E. Apt. 36, Geneva;
• Ashley N. Wheeler, Ashtabula, from William K. Thomas, Cleveland;
• James M. Reed, Ashtabula, from Debra F. Reed, Ashtabula;
• Tammy L. Spangler, Ashtabula, from Larry L. Spangler, Ashtabula;